|Posted by betometro on March 3, 2011 at 11:17 PM||comments (0)|
ES 375: Ecosocial Advocacy
ALINKSY’S 13 RULES OF POWER TACTICS
In his book, Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals, Alinsky recommended "power tactics" to solve the kinds of problems that organizers and stewards often encounter. "Tactics are those consciously deliberate acts by which human beings live with each other and deal with the world around them," wrote Alinsky.
1. Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.
2. Never go outside the experience of your people. It may result in confusion, fear and retreat.
3. Wherever possible go outside the experience of the enemy. Here you want to cause confusion, fear and retreat.
4. Make the enemy live up to his/her own book of rules.
5. Ridicule is man's most potent weapon.
6. A good tactic is one that your people enjoy.
7. A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.
8. Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.
9. The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.
10. The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.
11. If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside.
12. The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it and polarize it.
|Posted by betometro on February 7, 2011 at 1:48 AM||comments (0)|
|Posted by betometro on February 7, 2011 at 1:41 AM||comments (0)|
|Posted by betometro on February 7, 2011 at 1:40 AM||comments (0)|
|Posted by betometro on September 20, 2010 at 7:39 PM||comments (0)|
So Beck has compared abortion to slavery ergo blacks to fetuses hence I twitlonger in response... I had no idea that someone was actually forcing slaveowners by law, against their will and better judgment to own the bodies, lives and issue of those slaves in perpetuity lest he be smitten. THERE IS NO COMPARISON worthy of intelligent debate to be made here. Slaves were sold into bondage to extract the bounty for profit from a stolen land and exploited until death. Even after the incoming shipment of slaves was outlawed in 1808, slaves were still being imported like plows, wagons and bicycles - (OK, cattle, mules and oxen) for sixty years. Holding one against the other as a means of making a petty political point is folly, madness and truly dangerous - Slavery was a crime against all humanity! Against living human beings their ancestors and their descendants. Abortion is at worst a matter of personal conscience between the woman in question, her mate and at variance with whatever notion of an 'after-death' loving or vengeful God in which she happens to believe. Even if she believes in NO God, no man should tell her HIS God forces her hand. Zealots, carnival barkers and side show scam artists notwithstanding. It is her choice alone - Beto
|Posted by betometro on September 20, 2010 at 7:34 PM||comments (0)|
We ALL knew from word go that TP extremists were in fact rejiggered republicans and that they'll follow the elephant with the biggest dung trail in any event. This election is not a referendum on anything other than vapid conventional thought, which your chosen pundits purvades by the ton. This election is only about one simple idea - Whoever gets the most voters to the polls (not to the pollsters) wins. If #dems can't get their voters out then they lose. If the other side says they've got a plan to move the earth further away from the sun to cancel climate change, they'll still only command the same 31% of the electorate. Motivated by the fear they refuse to name, they need no encouragement. We're moving foreward and they're attempting to nullify election 2008 and take us back to the 30's. It's 2010 tell them they're wrong, wrong, wrong! Game the theory out and give them no room for confidence - Beto
In reply to the daily Kos
|Posted by betometro on September 12, 2010 at 7:41 PM||comments (0)|
Here it is. Sunday September 12, 2010 I'm now writing in real time the Beto Metro thoughtstream. Be not alarmed, it's only in my head. - Beto
|Posted by betometro on December 4, 2009 at 12:58 AM||comments (0)|
|Posted by betometro on October 29, 2009 at 4:52 AM||comments (1)|
Spies are resisting the militarist's downward pressure on the poppy vein - result, military, DEA and civilian deaths, a drug-fueled underground arms race and a stealth economic monopoly dictating foreign and domestic policy = quagmire.